Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wedding Recovery


Finally Married!!!
Yay, that stress is over.
Now, to recount the last month and a week. On Oct.19th, I was rushed to the hospital with stomach pains that had lasted for 3 days. Turns out I got appendicitus so I had to have emergency surgery just 5 days before walking down the long aisle into the rest of my life. I was unable to follow the doctors orders of rest, no straining, and no lifting until the 10 staples could be removed in 2 weeks. So I had to take one for the team as a determined bride and just took my pain pills just to get through those 2 weeks. 1 week to prepare for the wedding and the next was our honeymoon.
I was pulled aside in the airport and thoroughly searched due to my 10 staples. Thanks terrorist for making our lives ridiculous.
Many things went out the window the day of the wedding and you pretty much can't count on what people say they will do even if you are paying them...so my advice is be ready to just go on without whatever you need to and not worry about it as hard as it may be.
In the end, we had a great day and a great honeymoon and lots of memories we will laugh about in our old age.

2 comments:

  1. You look happy and lovely Donna.

    Sorry to hear about the surgery - but hope you're doing well.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    I fully recovered luckily.
    Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete