Sunday, March 29, 2009

New to Blogging and About me

Okay, so I'm new to blogging and the most anyone has ever known about me is my myspace page I suppose. I wonder if anyone reads this or not and would love to hear from anyone who is...out of curiousity, lol.

About me: My name is Donna and I am 30 years old and I live with my fiance, Benny;my son Brandon from my first marriage; and my daughter Gwendolyn Paige...we call her Paige (she's 3).

I recently lost my job of 10 years at Home Depot bookkeeping and I have been enjoying the life I never had with my children. I always wanted to be that mom that wasn't too tired to take my kids to the park, zoo, chuck.e.cheese, etc., who has time to go for a walk, color with their kids, and just get to show them life first hand. To really have the time to teach your children what you know about plants is far more rewarding than sending them to school and having no clue what they learned and when you ask how their day was they reply "fine" and when you ask what they learned they reply "nothing". So....yes, I am enjoying being unemployed as scary as it is and how bad of timing it may pose. We have planned our wedding before the loss of my job and I can't see canceling everything and losing all that money so I intend to have the wedding of my dreams with the man of my dreams on October 24th, 2009. I will just have to keep a strict budget and haggle prices the best I can.

Anyway, getting away from who and why I am here. I have seen that many etsy sellers have blogs and in the spirit of keeping the handmade universe personal, which I am all for. I like history and would prefer to live in a place where things are made by hand. I love the idea of crafters making things I use, wear, etc. and I enjoy knowing where the items came from and what kind of energy that person has about themselves.

I am a spiritual earth-based person as you may see and I love many types of art forms. My love for fashion and my upcoming wedding has spawned my line of fascinators and miniVEILs. I hope to be able to stay home with my children and maintain an income to be able to live. I hope people enjoy my items as much as I enjoy making them. It really fulfills my need to be creative in my work and I would really be able to see myself being happy with this.

So...may DonnaElla.etsy.com do well:)


No comments:

Post a Comment